AMES membership fees are currently:
- £25 per year for an individual (which is tax deductible)
- £40 for an Institution
- £15 if you are retired
Members of AMES receive free copies of the bi-yearly Media Education Journal, copies of the regular AMES e-newsletter and reduced conference fees. They will also be issued with a user name and password which will allow access to members-only media education resources.
To join AMES, fill in the membership form.Top
Data Protection Policy
The legal basis on which AMES will process personal data is on the basis of a contract between members and AMES, agreed when a person pays or renews their subscription. The following information about members will be held by AMES:
- names, or, for institutional members, the name of the contact person in the institution
- postal addresses (personal and/or institutional)
- e-mail addresses (personal and/or institutional)
- subscription payments made, and fees paid for conferences and other AMES events
- details of a member's nominated bank account, if paying their subscription by Direct Debit.
- promoting the interests of the Association and its members, including the collection and recording of subscriptions
- informing members (and/or their institutions) of relevant news, events and activities
- the issue of the Association’s Journal and e-newsletters
- administering events which a member has selected to attend.
- the right to request a copy of any data held by AMES about yourself
- the right to request a correction of any inaccuracies or out-of-date information
- the right to request that your personal data is erased when it is no longer necessary for AMES to retain the information
- the right, where there is a dispute about the accuracy of processing your data, to request a restriction be placed on further processing
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.